Tuesday, December 11, 2012

field trip

I went to the Bull Run Festival of Lights in Centreville, VA with my friends Michelle and Kellie on Saturday night.. so did a LOT and I mean a LOT of other people..
we went to Cafe Rio for dinner at seven PM and the lights festival closed at ten PM we never thought it would be an issue getting in to the lights festival on time...

we barely made it on time..

We drove to Centreville and then sat in a long and I mean LONG line of traffic and I think that we waited almost TWO HOURS.. to go through the it took forever.. I seriously thought we were never going to get through that line.. and I don't know what they can do to make that situation ANY BETTER in the future.. the line was just SO LONG..

It cost $20 per car to go through...we split the cost ..

and we finally, FINALLY got through.. they did only let a few cars in at once and they spaced it so you had time to look at the lights.. and were able to see them on BOTH sides of the car..

I don't have any pictures because we were not able to stop or slow down..

The lights were pretty cool...so I am glad I went.. all though I think I will probably skip it next year..

at the end of the lights festival there was a carnival and apparently Santa's enchanted workshop...

we did not get out for either of those things because it was cold.. and they were winding down if not closed .. because we got through the lights so late..

We then drove around Centreville and South Riding, VA and looked at the lights..

I am grateful that I have good friends.. because all in all it was a good evening and I am glad that we were all together to laugh and joke around :)

 

No comments: