Monday, December 31, 2012

reading Keli

Almost every Saturday night I baby-sit some "big kids" in Ashburn, VA. I have two choices.. I can let them bounce off the walls and shout and carry on.. or I can plan activities for them..
............I plan activities for them.. some of my activities go really fast.. so I thought what else can I do.. so I thought that I could read out loud to them..

I started with reading to Lena age 13, Corey age 12 and Ari who just turned 9 at the end of December.

Ari is the only one that stayed of the whole book..

I decided to read them the Little House books they were and are some of my favorite books.

We started with Little House in The Big Woods.. and Ari LOVED it so much .. when she has questions we look up things on google images to explain what they are so that she can picture it..

We now want to visit Pepin, WI for Laura Ingalls Wilder days in September and we want to make Charlotte rag dolls... we are really into it..

Next week when I go over we will be starting Little House on The Prairie.

No comments: