Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dating Keli

A little over a year ago my friend Linda's daughter, Amber who is 18 and a senior in HS started dating a guy named Cody. They are such a cute couple. I often see pictures of them on FB looking cute, smiling being happy. Cody is 18 or 19 and graduated HS in 2012.

I celebrate some of the holidays with Linda's family so I was looking forward to meeting Cody after seeing so many pictures of him on FB I felt like I already knew him. ... I also felt like he was such a cute teen! I thought he is so cute, I would love a guy my age that looked like him.. like if I had to draw a picture of a guy that is my type then that would be it..

but I am not into teens.. and I am not into people that already have girlfriends that they are going to marry and have their name tattooed on them.. ( yes Cody has Amber's name tattooed on him)

So when I walked in on Thanksgiving 2012 and saw Cody I said " is that Luke Bryan!" even though the only thing that he has in common with Luke Bryan is dark hair and dresses the same and has the same sort of body.. and is country..

As the day progressed I got to talking to Cody and Amber and at one point.. Cody said something about how they had to go to his dad and his moms house that day...

WAIT a minute his dad AND his mom's house.. like they have different houses.. like they are not MARRIED...

I said "is your dad single?" He said yes.. I said " um how old is he?" He said "42" I said " does he look like an older version of you?" He said " yes" I said like have people ever said " you look just like your dad?" he said " yes" I said " OMGOSH I NEED TO MEET HIM!!!! "

so I basically admitted I think a TEEN IS HOT.. hahahahahhahahaha but no he is a cute BOY.. if his dad is a 42 version of that.. well then that is a MAN.. like a man MY AGE.. that I could go on a date with !!!!

My friend Linda was like " you don't want his dad!!!" You would be inheriting three kids, Cody and he has a brother in HS and a sister in middle school .. I said .. EVEN better.. because Cody is already out of he house and the other two are not far from it.. I mean they are big.. that is fine.. and besides I have nothing against dating guys that have kids and I have several times in the past...

then Linda was like "well 42 is too old for you isn't it?" I mean.. how old are you.. I said that I was 38.. I said 42 is not too old for me.. Cody said " she is definitely not too young for my dad because my mom is 38....

I said "well where does your dad work?" I forget where he said but he said that he makes " a lot of money " AND  he said he drives a jeep.. I said that is good. I love jeeps and trucks and stuff like that..

Linda said don't you want a guy that drives a BMW or a Mercedes or something.. and I said no.. no no.. that is not my type.. I want a guy that drives a truck, or a SUV or a jeep something like that.. that is my type.. I like country guys...

Linda said well you need to come up to Faquier County where we live and you will find one.. I said WHERE.??? finding a guy my age that is SINGLE is hard enough to find.. I said what am I supposed to do just STAND in the tractor supply and HOPE that someone sees me and asks me out???

She said that was an idea...

I said that I did not need to do that because I already found one.. Cody's dad...hahahhaahah

I told Cody can you please tell your dad that you have found a girlfriend for him.

I also asked more about him.. he said that his dad drank.. I said " does he get drunk every night" he said "no but he might have a beer every night"

whatever that is fine.. I mean no one is perfect..

then he said his dad used to get really mad at him and one time he beat his butt with a hair brush..

I said "well he probably just needs the love of a good woman..." I said " when we were coming up that was called disciplining your child" that is now called "child abuse"

so people at the table started giving me suggestions.. like

"isn't there anyone at your church that you could date"

....um they obviously don't read this blog.. because I continue to TRY and date guys at my church..

and
" have you thought about going on the Internet"

and " have you thought about not being so picky"

ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE AT THE TABLE EITHER
1. got married when they were between 18 and 20
or
2. are around that age and have a serious BF..

I said listen I did not expect to be this age and single and it sucks and YES I have tried everything.. and I keep trying.. I can't tell you why it is not working...

and they did not get it.. I was not looking for anyone.. like I was not so desperate that I am just picking up on anyone.. Cody is a cute, nice kid... and if his dad is a 42 year old version of that then I would like to go on a date with him!!!!!

So I dropped it..then that night I called my friend and told her this story and she said " Keli, leave that poor boy alone! and I said " look him up on FB" and she did and then she said .. " never mind, I see why you were bothering him.. I could see you with an older version of him.." I said SEE.. I know!
 
so Christmas came and I walked in and there was Cody and he said," I talked to my dad for you".. I said
"WHAT!!! what did he say???"

He said that he as kidding that he had not talked to his dad...
I said well you need too.. 
Cody said " you don't want him he is like a troll in a dungeon" and Linda said " Keli, I have seen Cody's dad he is not an older version of him"

I said " well you may not have seen some of the guys my age and what I have to choose from"...

I said "let's settle this right now, do you have a picture of your dad on your phone and I can make a choice if I want to meet him or not.. and Cody looked but did not have one..

Cody and Amber said that they were going over to his house that day .. and I CONSIDERED GOING.. but .. I did not.. I mean it was Christmas I did not want to bust up in this guys house .. HELLO!!!

then the day after I saw that Amber posted on her FB that her and Cody and and her dad were at Fair Oaks Mall and I was like " oh his dad is there ... I better head over" hahahahahhaha

but I didn't ...

BUT I do feel like this needs to be settled..that I need to at least MEET THIS MAN.. and then well we could go on a date.. or whatever.. but yeah I need to at least meet him and make a choice..

because it is hard to date when you are this age.. and I will go for almost any sliver of a chance that I might meet a cool man that I can...

besides I already spend holidays with his son.. he can just join.. hahahahhahah

No comments: