Thursday, December 13, 2012

dating Keli

I love to take kids to pumpkin patches. So in October 2012 I took Julian to one in Great Falls, VA..

Julian was with me and I was wearing a University of Chicago long sleeve t-shirt.. and a pair of old jeans I had on no make up and my hair was pulled back in a ponytail...

remember when I got asked out at the Reston Library.. I was wearing a Utah State shirt and old jeans and almost no make up and my hair was in a ponytail and Julian was with me...

what have I learned from this? that wearing a college tshirt with my hair in a ponytail and no or very little make-up is a good look for me..

So back to this story ... Julian and I are exploring the pumpkin patch and this guy that worked there kept on talking to me.. He said he was not married and not dating anyone.. I said " well we should hang out sometime" He said "I would like that.. I could take you out to dinner"

this is what I learned when I was at the pumpkin patch
1. His name is Bill ( but his mom that was there called him Billy)
that was ALMOST a dealbreaker.. who wants to date someone with a name like BILL .. or BILLY .. that is MY DAD's NAME and my dad is like seventy NINE...
...ok in reality.. I am not going to give up true love because of a name...

2. He said he had no FB.... great.. now how am I supposed to stalk him or find out anything...

3. He lives at his parents but he has a bachelor pad all to himself in the basement

4. He works for UPS and has a rt. in Fairfax and Fairfax City..

5. He is glad that he does not have the rt. that goes to the outlet mall or for that reason any mall because his buddy  told him " those stores at the mall get a lot of boxes and some are way heavy"
He asked me if I had got to know or ever talked to the UPS guy that works the outlet mall... I said um... no...because a manager opens the door and scans all that stuff in .. I am not a manager .. I just an associate...

6. That he is Republican and he is voting for Mitt Romney... or well he DID...him and his mom went on and on about what an amazing man Mitt Romney was .. and how he was going to win since the night before he had won the debate... so well yeah.. as history has often proves just because you win the battle .. you don't ALWAYS win the war...

7. that he was TWENTY-EIGHT which is at least TEN years younger than me.. depending on when his bday is.. he was like how old are you like thirty.. um yeah.. like thirty EIGHT.. but anyway...

8. that he was just " hanging out with his mom while she worked at the pumpkin patch... he must lead an exciting life

so he asked for my number and I gave it to him and I said I need to charge my phone it is dead.. of course it was my phone dies all the time.. but yeah it will be charged and then feel free to call...

He did not call.. I thought oh well... so a few DAYS later he texts me

Hi
and I said
oh hey what is up? how are you how is work?

you know to start a conversation...

he texted me back for the rest of the day.. and what I mean by that was it would take him anywhere between a HALF HOUR - THREE HOURS to text back and never an explanation to explain..like oh I am at work.. or whatever..

and he did not really make conversation.. like I still did not know anything about him...

so he said he wanted to go to Famous Dave's ... oh no.. I am sorry but I can not do Famous Dave's we had that all the time for free when I worked at Qwest and I have bad memories of that mediocre, messy food... I said can we PLEASE go somewhere else? He said sure how about Carabba's I said sure..

so he does not say a time or anything.. and then he text me a FEW DAYS later and was like " well I am broke, because I have not got paid yet.. so can you pay for your own meal" .... OH NO!!!!!!

your financial situation is NOT something to discuss.. when you barely know someone... I said no, we can wait until you get paid.. or we can go somewhere else that you CAN afford... he said OK.. how about Chipotle.. in Reston.. I said that was fine..

My boss Will was like AWKWARD!!!! and said that if that happened to him he would just SUGGEST another restaurant.. and not say why.. I said same here.. like maybe it is OK at 28 to tell a woman you are broke.. but NOT at 38... (even if you are broke)

so then the whole day that were supposed to go to Chipotle it was just awkward.. and did not flow and I just kept on not feeling good about it.. Like I can't do this to this man.. I can't meet him at Chipotle when I am not interested in him and I felt like I was not going to be nice to him..Like I was just so annoyed that every time that he contacted me it was like HOURS in between and then when he did he had NOTHING to say.. like we had not really had a conversation.. like sometimes I am just not in the mood to keep the whole conversation going.. and to be witty and entertaining the whole night...

and he kept changing the time because he did not know when his route ended.. and blah blah blah and I did not want to hang out in Reston or drive back to Chantilly then come BACK to Reston and on and on and on...

So I felt HORRIBLE about this BUT... I just text him and said " tonight is not a good night for me.. and he text me back IMMEDIATELY and said OK....
Immediately when all the other times took HOURS....

then nothing so I thought that was over then like two weeks later I checked my phone on my break at Guess and I saw that he had texted me, I opened the text and it said

Hi.. I thought no, I can't do this again.. I can't go through all of this again.. where I text him back and we have NO CONVERSATION and I wait for HOURS for a text back.. and then that text says basically nothing.. and yeah... I just did not text back and I felt soooo bad... but I think that I would have felt worse if I had led him on

No comments: