Thursday, December 13, 2012

field trip

a couple of weeks ago my friend Dawn and I went to the MeadowLark Gardens Winter Wonderland walk of Lights in Vienna, VA..

It was the first year that they had it so it was not to crazy crowded like the experience I would have like a week later at The Bull Run Festival of Lights.

Dawn and I drove down and got there right after it opened, it cost us around $13 to go..

we paid to go in then we walked on a marked path path through the park looking at really beautiful light displays .. some of which were set to music..

at the end they had a bonfire and we bought some hot apple cider and sat and drank that.

Going to these things reminds me how some of our greatest blessings are often our greatest trials.. like I would love to have a husband... yet some men would complain about the cost and see this as a pointless boring activity and not see the beauty and wonder in it..

I would also love to have children, children would LOVE to go to something like this...but sometimes kids are a handful at these things..

As for 2012 when I don't have either of those things.. I am happy that I have good friend like Dawn who took some amazing pictures and posted them on FB and tagged me in them for anyone to see..

 

No comments: