Wednesday, December 19, 2012

random Keli

I have a male co-worker at my retail job named Brenden he is 18 years old.
I decided to start telling customers he was my son...
Because, I wanted people to say:
"omgosh you look so young!"
or
" wow, you don't look old enough to be his mom"

Brenden said this was  silly because,
1. who cares about how old I am, his parents had him when they were in their 30s and they are now in their 50s..
2. I am obviously just fishing for compliments

...........well....yeah...

so when he would say things to customers I would be like "that is my son"
or when I was at the register and I rang people up and they were like " Brenden helped me" I would be like "that is my son"

I told Brenden.. when or IF I have kids.. I will never get to hear.. anything like
"wow you must have been YOUNG!"
or
" I thought that was  your BROTHER"


no in fact there is a chance people may think that I am my children's GRANDMA.... :(!

Brenden said it doesn't matter how old I am when I have kids ... or what people say.. and I don't need to hear those things..

so after me telling me IDK ... A LOT of customers " that is my son"  or " oh I am glad my son helped you..."

and every single time EVERY SINGLE TIME .. the customer just said

"oh" ...like "OK.. AND"... that is ALL...

I started realizing.. um... I guess I just need to face the facts I look OLD enough to have an 18 year old child....

and that Brenden is one wise 18 year old

...I hope I get to be a mom one day .. and I hope that when I have an 18 year old.. that I can say " that is my son and he will be smiling in a suit and tie with a name tag on as missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints.

 

No comments: