Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holiday- Christmas Eve 2012

I did not quite know what to do with myself Christmas Eve because
1. I planned to shop.. and one of my jobs did not pay me.. so that was basically OUT...:(
2. I planned to work.. but I quit my job at Guess.. so well I was kind of at a loss..
so I just stayed home and read my book.. and cleaned and shopped a TINY bit with the TINY bit of money that I had..

My friend Amy brought me an amazing bag of cookies..My Bishop and his wife brought me an amazing plate of cookies..

Then in the evening I headed over to my friend Elaine's parent's house in Leesburg, VA I called Elaine from Sterling,VA and she said to " drive safe" I thought um.. OK?? Then when I got to Ashburn. VA I saw a little bit of snow on the ground then when I hit Leesburg there was a lot of snow on the ground...

Elaine's neighborhood was on the verge of needing to be plowed..it was super slippery.. It was a white Christmas in Leesburg,VA!...I thought THIS IS WHY SHE TOLD ME TO DRIVE SAFE!!

We ate some antipasto with her parents and her brother Tim. We then enjoyed some fish and some broccoli and lots of other yummy things..

Then I settled in for my annual watching of It's a wonderful Life.. This year one line that stuck out to me was at the beginning when they are telling the angel Clarence about George Bailey and he says " Is he sick and they say, no worse.. he is discouraged" .. that part really got me.. I know so many people that seem discouraged.. and they are right sometimes that is worse than being sick.. and that was really poignant to me..

Other than the movie, and the great food the most amazing part of my night was that Elaine's dad had this HUGE nutcracker that was bigger than me..I had a lot of fun taking pictures with him and posting them on FB.. My friend Tami commented .. " I love a man in uniform.. especially one that comes bearing CANDY"

awesome..

I left Elaine.. and once I got out of her neighborhood the roads were OK.. and once I got out of Leesburg there was no issue at all.. it was like it had never snowed..

It was a great Christmas Eve and I am grateful that Elaine invited me over and her family were gracious hosts.

No comments: