Saturday, December 26, 2009

FAME

December 23rd 2009 Cindy Ivie and I were in the local paper the Logan Herald journal for going to every restaraunt in Cache Valley,UT we only have three more to go to. I would love to post the article here but it would not let me.If you want a link I would be happy to email you one myself.

I love to make a list and do everything on that list. When I was at Kathy's one night over a year ago I remarked that I thought I had been to every restaraunt in Cache Valley so I looked in the phone book and realized that I had not been to over FOURTY of them.

I asked several people if they wanted to go with me to visit food places and NOBODY wanted to go with me. They either did not have time or money or the desire to do it. They did not know they were giving up an opportunity to be in the paper!!!!

I asked my co-worked Cindy if she wanted to go and she said yes. We started out going to the places that MAKE food
we went to Gossners where I got one each of their flavored milk and we had so much fun tasting their cheese:)
we went to Lowers where I took home some meat
we went to Pepperidge where we bought a ton of stuff and had some goldfish samples
we went to Aggie Ice Cream and had their ice cream and some of the BEST SANDWICHES EVER!!! I highly reccommend the chicken salad there
we went to Caspers and had ice cream.
we went to The Bluebird and got an O'Aggie bar, a special bar native to this valley. I liked mine. I thought the food at the Bluebird was good and I really like the atmosphere in their. The service there is really slow though at least everytime that I have been in there and one time I found a hair in my salad there.
we went to Bluebird chocolates around easter and they had a huge easter bunny on sale that was 85$ and he was HOLLOW the chocolate there was good though:)

when we were done with all that Cindy said where should we go next and I thought well lets start going to all these places that I have not gone yet. So I had gone to a lot with Kathy or Kate or on various dates but then Cindy and I really got down to buisness we started going to a different restaraunt every week.

Over time our friendship grew at first we were just co-workers we became really good friends and we laughed and cryed. After I lost my job at Qwest in July 2009 I was happy that Cindy and I kept our tradition and frienship strong. Since we only saw each other once a week we sometimes would sit in restaraunts from about 4:40 until seven PM sometimes later we talk about EVERYTHING. It has been one of the highlights of my week and something I will REALLY miss when I move to VA I know that no matter how bad my week is I will have dinner with Cindy and we will laugh and have some good food.
Here is some of the restaraunts we have been to and what we thought of them-

I have been to the A & W fast food place in Smithfield when I was on a break from the thrift store and I LOVE THEIR LIMEAIDE!

Kate and I went to the Artic Circle in Preston and had fun getting their sweet pototo fries they were really good :)

we went to Blackstone in Logan when that was still open which is a VERY NICE place... I did not like my meal at all... the waiter even warned me not to get it but I did anyway... Blackstone has since closed down

we went to the Beehive Grill in Logan. we really enjoyed their homebrewed orange drink and rootbeer drink. There food was just OK.

I have been to Beto's for lunch it is OK

I have been to Big J's tons of times since that is the nearest fast food place to me. I like a lot of the stuff that they have.

I don't really like Burger King

WE BOTH LOVE BURGERZ EXPREZZ in Smithfield, that place has great service and good fries and really really really good food :)

I LOVE CAFE RIO- been to ones all over UT :)

I really like Cafe Sabor. I have been there on dates, with Qwest and with Kathy and with Kate everytime I have loved what I have gotten:)

Caffe Ibis had great sandwichs all though they made us pay extra for our drinks but would include coffee in with their meal deal which I thought was lame.

Carls Jr is OK

Center St. Grill is OK

Chilis is OK

I really like the Copper Mill I went there on a date once back in 2005 this guy was like yeah arn't you lucky that you are on a date with me so I could find this cool restaraunt. He said I would not be able to find a cool restaraunt like that on my own... little did HE KNOW

El Sol was OK

El Toro Viejo was neat I had never been in a small authentic restaraunt like that

The Factory Pizzaria was SO GOOD! Kate and I went there and I loved it and I thank her for showing it to me :) Cindy and I had so much fun there, it was very much my kind of place and we got a TON of food!

Cantonese House in Smithfield... YUMMY!!!! I go there so much on my breaks from the thrift store that they say is this Keli?:)

I DID like the Firehouse, UNTIl Kathy and I went there one night and were treated VERY RUDE. I am never going back there... not even for a skookie there are to many good restaraunts to waste my time there..

Callaways in Smithfield was expensive but REALLY GOOD some of the best mac and cheese I have ever had ever :)

Frederico's was good I loved their salad :)

I have been to Golden Corrall lots of times in lots of states. it is what it is.

Hamiltons is WAY NICE. I have even been to a wedding reception once there with Kathy. I am just OK with the food though

IHOP- is well IHOP

Indian Oven was DELICIOUS great service great food we loved our meal there I want to copy all the stuff that we got there:)

I have eaten at Iron Gate Grill many times because they used to cater for Qwest and give us gift certificates. They have good food and it is a cool place

I love the Italian Place in Logan! they have great sandwiches!

Jamba Juice-is good

Juniper Take-out had some really yummy food and great fries

Kamin Thai food - was just OK I was a bit disappointed every other time I have had thai food it was way good this was just OK

Korean BBQ was great! great service great food!

LD's in Richmond was MY FAVORITE! I love that hometown yummy food! it just says Cache Valley

pupuseria el salvador was good my second little tiny authentic place

I really liked Logan's Hero's.

I have been to Mis Amores in Preston so many times for some reason people love to take me out to eat there. I really like it

the Olive Garden is just OK. Kathy and I went there last December (2008) and they sat us so close to the door that everytime someone came in a big gust of wind did also

panda express is good

papa johns and dominos are OK but I am a pizza hut girl :)

Papa Kelsey and Henrys was way good!

Pier 49 had great garlic bread.

I really liked the Pita Pit when I lived in Provo do they even have that here anymore?

quiznos and subway are good for lunch breaks

Taco Bell was rude to me so I try to not go there except on Halloween when they were giving out free Tacos and Matt and Shelli got some for me

Texas Roadhouse was DELICIOUS!!!! YUMM great bread great food!

wendys is good

I loved Wingers tortilla soup and their popcorn and their salad. I went there on my lunch break from Qwest a lot

I got Wok on Wheels a lot at Qwest too.

Yah Poh in Logan was great their empanada's were so good!

I also liked tummy yummies yogurt and concept

I love La Tienda in Franklin,ID that place has the best chicken strips EVER we loved our meal and the service there. It is my SECOND favorite place to eat

I really like The Cracker Barrell in Paradise too. They have delicious food

my friend Rachael and I went out to a place in Weston, ID called Papa Js or something like that and WE LOVED OUR food there too..

I am so sad to leave here but I can at least say that I have made my mark and I look forward to start going to places in Centreville,VA :)

I think that I will follow Cindy's tradition of always asking the waiter or waitress what they like I have gotten some really good food that way and I think that would help people like my mom that are almost PETRIFIED to try something new.She was so paranoid the first time that I took her to Taco Bell when I was a teen she wouldnt even ORDER she just went to McDonalds after and got something there... she needs to get out of that rut...

No comments: