Monday, December 7, 2009

VA day FOUR


Sunday I woke up in Reston,VA. Erin and Rob told me that there was something in Northern,VA called a mid-singles ward for people that are 31-45. Kathy later told me that they have that in the Denver area too. AND WHY DONT WE HAVE THAT IN UTAH??? I don't get it??? So all the people my age that are single in that stake go to this ward, it is a family ward so if you are divorced or a single mom or dad and have kids you can still bring them and then they have single people and regular families that go there to. Even if you are in another stake you can get permission to go to this singles ward. AND WHY DONT WE HAVE THIS IN UTAH????
on the downside church did not start until TWO THIRTY??? like um ? Im sorry what time did you say??? Im used to getting OUT of church at two... not starting at TWO THIRTY!!!!! Erin was so nice she called around until she found me a ride with a really cool lady name Vickie.
Sacrement was cool they talked about gratitude
Then for Sunday School we all met on the stage this one guy who I thought was attractive said that we were going to meet up there so we could get as " rowdy as we wanted" I thought HOW ROWDY DO WE NEED TO GET THIS IS SUNDAY SCHOOL!? There was almost 20 people in the class some boys some girls and the thing I realized is they did not have a distinguishing factor like oh he or she is really large or she looks like a man... or that person is not all together there....they just looked like for whatever reason they had not gotten married or had got married and got divorced so here they are this is the first time EVER that I have EVER been around people my age and single and not felt like um???am I the only NORMAL person MY AGE and single SERIOUSLY???
They started by announcing several activities that are coming up like family home evening and different things AND WHY DONT WE HAVE THIS HERE????? we only have "singles activities" that not many people attend and it is all people old enough to be my dad or old women and I mean OLD women that are like between 65 and well like 90. I went to one activity once here and there was a lady there that was in her NINETIES... and the only guy there had brain damage... very sad...
I know that they have got to be other single men in Cache Valley that are my age and single that I have not met I just dont get why we are not organized like that ??? but my name is not Thomas S. Monson so I guess that is not up to me.
So they started class with no opening prayer or anything and I said hey are people in VA just apostate or are we going to have an opening prayer. a guy behind me said... she must be from UTAH and kind of sneered the word Utah... Rob and Erin later said that MAYBE I should not have said that because people in VA are really into letting everyone know they are just as good as people in UT. but the lady that gave me a ride said good for me and maybe they need me to light a fire under them...I told Rob and Erin that I would say that here in UT too.. and I think that Bruce who taught Sunday School yesterday knows I would too:)
When I introduced myself I said that I lived in UT but don't think Provo, don't think SLC think Napolean Dynamite and I live three miles from that town...
we talked about missionary work and why it is scary to do it???? wait hold on it is scary like sorry how long have you all been home from your missions long enough to get SCARED NO!!!!! then we split into little groups and said why should we do missionary work ... like um IDK you tell me??? I was my groups spokes person and I said we should do missionary work because the church is true! also because we want people to feel the joy peace and happiness in their lives that we feel in ours. I said that I was working with less-active people and non-members in my ward and how Amy and I are bringing treats to people and how we are having parties and other things. They said that was all impressive since I do live in Utah and it is much harder here and then they encouraged people to invite people to the DC temple to see the lights I thought yeah that is a good idea why not???
Then they said we had 15 minutes at the end of class JUST TO TALK... I thought are you KIDDING ME??? but then I thought wow well we are like older and not married and the church wants us to get married so if they need to give us 15 minutes at the end of class they have to...
One guy came up to me and said you said you grew up in Chantilly, did you go to Chantilly High I said um .... no he was like oh then did you go to Herndon and I was like um.. when I was in VA before and LDS I had lived in Loudoun County so the question of where I went to HS was not even an issue. So this guy was like so where did you go then and I almost lied and said a private school but instead I said that I went to Cedar Lane ...gasp... he said he had heard of it... he was like when did you graduate. I said 1993. He said that he graduated just a couple years before me in 1982.. ... like yep just a COUPLE OF YEARS.... wow... I then went and told a girl that had a skirt made out of ties that I loved it and then just sat there and no one talked to me... I looked around and realized that everyone in there was a lot different from me most LDS people my age are REALLY QUIET... the loud mouth ones like me mostly got married when they were young... if they are divorced they are in some quiet stage of their lift where they are still to shocked to really talk. It was like every guy in the room was some version of Mitch just REALLY QUIET and REALLY AWKARD... sitting there in that room ... I knew wow I am not a regular LDS girl of the age of 35. but for the FIRST TIME EVER I had a testimony that that was OK that a guy would come along and he would LOVE that I was not like all the other girls that he would think that was AWESOME and be so glad that he found me. I KNOW THIS IS TRUE!!!! that one day a man that is not married and someone I like will recognize how wonderful I am ...I guess I am kind of intimidating for a lot of LDS people and they just don't talk to me and others think I am really funny and cool...
RS was good. some married girls talked to me the lady that gave me a ride reminded me that single people have their agenda and the girls dont want to talk to me cause I am MAJOR COMPETITON... ..??? and the guys dont because they are scared of me... but I believe SOMEONE WILL SOON...
Someone came up to me at the end of RS and asked if I remembered them I said no because I thought I might have went to elementary school with her but um I don't really know...?? She was like you went to Chantilly with me and made fun of me all through HS. I thought um WHAT? I went to Chantilly for like a MONTH before I had to go to Cedar Lane... and that was in 1989 and well I don't remember making fun of ANYONE???OK I will admit that I made fun of some people at Rocky Run but I do not remember making fun of her EVER. then she said that I had changed a lot since HS and did not look at ALL the same... which is wierd because most people that I actually WENT to HS with say I look the EXACT SAME.. I said how do I look different, she said that I don't dress in all black????
I thought UM WHEN DID I???? I asked why we were talking about this at church on the Sabbath esp. since it happened sooo long ago? She said that it had haunted her ever since... I said well Im sorry... I am really sorry because IT WAS NOT ME! I swear to you you ask ANYONE I went to HS with and I did not wear all black... she said it was funny to see how people turn out. Im not sure what that meant???
After church I went back to Rob, Erin and Emily's and Beth, Alex, Chris and Dylan came over. CHRIS HAS GOTTEN SO TALL HE IS ALMOST AS TALL AS ME! HOW DID HE GROW THAT MUCH SINCE APRIL???
We had four cheese lasagna and pumpkin cheescake muffins that Chris and Dylan help me make. We also made a mocktail, it was Cardinal Punch which is
half gingerale
half cranberry juice
splash of lemon juice
splash of oj
and there you go :)
We had a nice dinner and Alex's BF Nic even came over and played the guitar for us and it was nice to meet him.
so all in all another GREAT DAY
the picture above is Erin and Rob's daughter, Emily with Beth and Eric's daugther, Alex. They are so pretty :)

1 comment:

MOMO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.