Friday, December 4, 2009

field trip



In Relief Society, they announced that they had tickets for General Womens Relief Society broadcast at the conference center available. I guess we live far away from SLC that our ward gets stuff like that, which is... AWESOME.. because when I lived in Springville, Provo and Orem, we got like maybe one or two tickets PER STAKE... but hey when you got to drive two hours or so to get there I guess it is different... I invited my friend Elizabeth who lives in Provo to meet me in SLC.
IDK why but I have always wanted to see all the prophet's graves so Elizabeth and her husband Ryan and her baby Verena met me at the SLC cemetary. I was not as organized as I usually am and should have had a map printed out and a list of exactly who's grave to see and where and a quote from everyone that I could read there and maybe even a flower for every grave... which is how it went in my mind... BUT I had the Princess Party on the SAME DAY as I went to SLC... yes that is right I had the Princess Party for an hour in the morning then the little girls left ... I changed my clothes modifyed my princess hair do and left for SLC... and well I am just not organized ENOUGH to plan a really cool party and then a really cool expierience at the cemetary... I am just not..so I got in Elizabeth and Ryan's car and we drove around to see which ones we could spot, we did spot quite a few, it was really cool to see President Hinckley's someone had put a cane on his grave :) I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I know that a prophet leads and guides us in these latter-days:)
While at the cemetary I asked a lady if she wanted me to take a picture of her and she said no thanks, I made some small talk with her and said that I lived up in Northern Utah on the ID border and that I was in town to go and see the RS broadcast. She asked me if we had tickets I said of course :) and she said well can you take mine, and give them away there? because I can't make it tonight, I said for sure, then she said now these are very special tickets they were given to me by Barbara Thompson ( who is in the RS general presidency) I said that I would do that. I got back in the car and looked at the ticket and where my stake presidents name is on mine Barbara Thompsons name is on her's.... Elizabeth and I quickly decieded to give away MY tickets from the Richmond,Utah Stake...which were waaaaaaay up in the highest balcony and use her tickets which were on the FLOOR... so Ryan and Verena dropped up off at the conference center and we went in I LOVED our seats! we were sitting with all the SLC temple square sisters and it was just SO COOL! we even met a sister from PAKISTAN I did not even KNOW the church was IN Pakistan... or sending out MISSIONARIES???.... and SISTERS... WOW!!!! I look so forward to being a mom and raising my own little missionaries :) Barbara Thompsons talk was my favorite :) and the spirit was just so strong. If you have time please read it it is called "Mind The Gap".
I am so grateful that I live in Utah and was able to attend general RS meeting at the conference center with my friend Elizabeth. I am so grateful for my MEMBERSHIP in the church. we sang HOW FIRM A FOUNDATION and I want to say that I will NEVER NO NEVER NO NEVER FORSAKE!!!! I so grateful for the atonement and because of that, I KNOW that I am a daughter of God I know who I am and what I want and for this I am MOST grateful.:)

No comments: