Tuesday, December 8, 2009

VA day EIGHT

THANKSGIVING 2009!!!!!! I woke up in Bealeton,VA at Danielle's sister Linda's house.
Danielle and I went to the grocery store and got some stuff. I made artichoke dip and put it on bread. I wanted to make these cute candy turkeys but could not find all the candy necessary to make them... I guess this is what I get for waiting until THANKSGIVING DAY to go shopping..

Danielle and I drove to Reston,VA on all these curvy roads I thought for sure I WAS GOING TO PUKE... we went over to Rob and Erin and Emily's and I got dressed and did my hair and phew I felt like myself again... I had not had much stuff with me in Chesapeake,VA and it was nice to be back at Rob and Erin's where all my stuff was.:)

Danielle said that Rob and Erin are the kind of people that you just SEE them and you can tell they are nice like you just know that they can never be mean! :) and I agree :)

Danielle took me to my Aunt Diane and Uncle Kerry's in Fairfax,VA it took a lot of curvy roads to get there too. On a side note, my Aunt Gail that I had been staying with is my mothers younger sister by two years. My Aunt Diane is there baby sister she is ten years younger than my mom and eight years younger than my mom. She lives in a VERY LARGE house in Fairfax,VA Danielle had to drop me off at noon even though I was not suppossed to be there until three pm because she had to be at her families house in Manassas,VA and I did not hear anyone in my family offering me a ride from Reston,to Fairfax.... so I took what I could get...

I made my artichoke bread. My cousin Kirk was making a cauliflower/broccoli cassarole. My aunt Diane was finishing up preperations.

I asked everyone what they were thankful for I added a few extras for people too:)

here they are mine are all real:

Keli is thankful for

being here on Thanksgiving with my family

the gospel of Jesus Christ

my Little Boy Spike

my friends!!!!

my warm house and cute clothes:)

Beverly ( my mom) is thankful for

her health and her families health

all her favorite tv shows

her car

her house

that she has money to pay her bills

Kristen ( my 20 year old cousin)

is thankful for

friends

family

her health

that she goes to a great university and has cute clothes

Uncle Kerry is thankful for

his health

his job

his wife of thirty years of Diana Lynn who he loves with all his heart

The Redskins and the great season they are having

The Washington Post and the Black Friday ads .. he is getting up at 3AM

Bradley ( my 31 year old brother)

is thankful for

his DVD's

his job

his vacations and abilities and to vacation

his family

volleyball and softball

Aunt Diane is thankful for

her family

her job

her horses

football( she loves football)

God!

friends ( if she had any)

Kirk ( my 19 year old cousin)

is thankful for

FOOD ( he guesses)

SPORTS

FAMILY ( he guesses)

FRIENDS

FACEBOOK

I got this way cute paper and rolled all these up and put cute little ribbons on them and put them in the cute bucket you see above. I passed them around the table and whoever you picked you had to read theres out loud

I will leave it up to your discretion to guess which ones I made up and which ones are real. Some are all real I just added them

For some reason I can't find my dads at this very moment but he is grateful for his family and friends, his car, his church and things like that:)

we had turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed pototos, punch that Granny used to make, a veggie platter, rolls etc for dinner. For dessert we had three kinds of pie.

Danielle came and picked me up at five pm we went to Dulles Airport to get our rental car. They said they were all sold out so I went off and said isnt there anything that you can do? They sent us to this place called Alamoot Rental Cars. It was this little rental car place that is run by some persian men and they just have piece of paper up that says Alamoot Rental Cars. They rented Danielle this car that had over 120 thousand miles and was missing some knobs... I think it may have been part of the cash for clunkers program. Danielle was like this is like it is someones personal car.. I said that it probably was...

Danielle went to go visit friends and I went over to my cousin Scott's in Centreville,VA I got to see his new baby Maddi awwww... I talked with Scott for a bit then went back to Reston,VA to Rob and Erin's

I just want to express my gratitude for being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints! It has blessed my life in more ways that I can imagine and I know very soon I will have my own little family to be thankful for :)

No comments: