Saturday, December 5, 2009

field trip


Spike and I drove up to Bear Lake in November 2009. He was VERY GOOD in the car. So good in fact that I am proud of him. It was a beautiful drive. I am glad that I went up and hiked the Limber Pine trail in October because the fall colors were gone. When we pulled into Garden City,Utah, my tire burst, had a blow-out whatever you want to call it, the only reason that I am grateful that these things happen to me is because I can now handle many stressful sitations and stay calm... it blew out right next to a gas station. I drove into the gas station and the girl behind the counter said that she knew how to change a tire and that she could help me since the tourist season is over the gas station was not to busy and she was able to help me when no customers were there. A good looking fire fighter showed up and I asked him if he could help me. The girl and I had all ready started changing the tire. He said that he could not because he had something else to do but he would call his friend Tom and that Tom would be up here in like five seconds... I thought um ... who is Tom?? and wow you all must be pretty good friends if he is just going to come to the gas station on your command to change someones tire that you do not know because you don't have time...

So the gas station girl and I kept working on it between customers, a few other guys came and besides buying gas they totally ignored us and I did not ask for their help because they were not hot..

Then this one guy said he WOULD help if he did not have a bad back but he did so he could not help us

Then a cowboy guy showed up and he was like OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE A FLAT TIRE!!!?? you girls should not be doing that by yourselves!!!! so he said that he would call some of his boys on his ranch and he would send them RIGHT OVER... He said he would go back to his ranch and he would let them eat the hot dogs he bought them and then he would send them RIGHT OVER.. I thought well I hope that they don't show up at the same time as Tom...

Then a lady came over and said I can't believe that you girls are doing that by yourselves and that a guy should be helping us, I said well a guy named Tom and some ranchers are suppossed to be coming back to help us.. She made small talk with me and asked me where I lived I said in Northern Utah on the ID border. but not that part of Northern Utah on the ID border.. she was like hmmm Lewiston??? and then she said you came all this way and did not bring me any Pepperidge Farm cookies???? I live near a Pepperidge Farm Factory ( it is in Richmond,UT about 10 minutes from here) I thought you know what YES that is what I should have done... I should have gone to the Pepperidge Farm Factory and got one of those big bags of Goldfish seconds and in case my tire blew out and some random lady that said she might call her husband to chang my tire wanted some because I live so close to there and why would I ever think to go there and not have something from Pepperidge Farms ... RIGHT???

So me and that girl were still changing the tire and Tom, the ranchers boys, or this lady that wanted Pepperidge Farm had still not showed up. we got the whole tire changed and Spike just sat in the car and waited ... you would think he was a really well trained well behaved dog or something...So we got the tire changed all by ourselves... OK it was mostly the gas station girl but still I helped some and Spike was good so um that counts for SOMETHING right and we realized we were not sure how to get the other tire ON and were not strong enough to lift the flat one into my car, when a man that must have been like 80 came along and he did not have to call anyone he just came over and said ladies, let me help you with that and he finished right up! :)

a somewhat attractive man came over and helped us hoist it in and that was that...

So Spike and I drove down the road to the Bear Lake Marina which cost's like 8$ just to park. The park ranger was just sitting there in his truck and I asked him if he wanted me to pay because all I had was a check and he said not to even worry about it and went back to surfing the web.. all the boats were all winterized and sitting in the parking lot except for a police boat and that was sitting docked in the water. a few people drove up and used the bathroom while we were there and drove around and we saw some guys in wet suits coming back with their boats but other than that it was just me and Little Boy Spike...

Spike was to scared to walk down the pier with me he just stood and when I got to the end he looked worried and said "bark bark"

he had fun playing in the water as you see above. I think that he had the most fun when he found in two different places some dead dryed out fish and he rolled in them and carryed them around and just had a lot of fun.

I took a picture of my self because there was no one else to take one and after walking around for a bit we drove back home, the drive went flawless and I am glad because I was worried with the spire tire on and such..

The next day I went to the redneck tire place in town and got a new tire... which set me back... well we wont say ... we are just not going to go into that...

No comments: