Friday, December 4, 2009

holiday
















I HEART HALLOWEEN!!!!! seriously I just LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!
I also love everything that goes with it:).
I love corn mazes and all that fun stuff. I convinced Cindy and her fiance, Kelly to come to the Green Canyon corn maze with me in Logan,Utah. (if I had the chance I would have done ALL the corn mazes in Cache Valley but could only find someone to go to one of them with me)... When Kelly and Cindy and I got there we realized that we were the only people there over the age of 18.. there may have been a few Utah State students there ... if so not many it was MOSTLY kids that were so young that they had to get a ride to be there...two girls that were about 14 decieded to lead Cindy and Kelly and I through the corn maze which was cool at first but then it got to be to much they were very much 14 year old and kept getting side tracked... at first the corn maze was cool. ... then we got lost and the girls were of no help and we were totally ready to leave so after ALMOST cussing out a gorilla ( yes I was that frustrated) every zombie and ghoul there kept telling us directions like yeah just take a left and you are out ... like um no that was a dead end.. so finally a guy with a chainsaw and mask led us out...I am still glad we went though I mean it is a part of FALL and HALLOWEEN and the Green Canyon Corn maze is a part of CACHE VALLEY!!!!
The Ward had a party this year in addition to the trunk or treat which I did not go to to, I did not want to wear my same angel costume that you will hear about below to it. So I went by Somebodys Attic and I found a Sombrero and a Mexican Blanket looking vest that I became a Mexican. for only 3.00! I really had fun at the ward Halloween carnival in the picture above Harley and I are fishing for candy :) a funny story, I had my tan coat and I could not find it at the end of the night and I told this on lady Andrea I can't find my coat and she thought I said I can't find my Coke so she said well did you put it in the fridge or maybe someone else did, and I said um why would someone do that??? but I looked anyway...then she said maybe someone threw it away because Andrea was talking about a COKE I was like I hope that someone did not throw my coat away!!! I mean it isnt the coolest coat around but it is MINE!... so then I went and told all the people in charge to let people know that my coat had been STOLEN! so I went and told Andrea I did that and she said well how many Coke's do you need to drink a day??? I mean can't you just go buy another??? and I was like NO MY COAT!!!!! and she was like OH YOUR COAT!!!! I THOUGHT YOU SAID COKE ! I said no wonder you told me to look in the fridge and the trash!, so I got home and was thinking of how I could not believe that someone stole my coat and Brinna came by and it was found at the church:) and now it is hanging safe in my closet :)
This year I was determined to dress up like Hermoine Granger, I thought how hard can that be I got some shoes from my mission still that would look right Im sure I can find a white shirt and a skirt that would look right at the thrift store and then all I need is a cape and a tie and wand.. turns out all year I looked for a white shirt that would fit me and skirt that would be Hermoine like... but I never found just the right ones... well if any... then when I priced the cape and wand and tie on line they were almost as much as my Maid Marian costume from last year... and we are not going to go there with that price... so um yeah... and how would I get my hair in just the right Hermoine do anyway..So I went to Somebodys Attic and found somebodys old temple dress on the Halloween rack ( because I hung it there) and a pair of wings and thought I CAN be an angel :) so my costume is 1. an old prom dress that we were getting rid of at Somebodys Attic that give me the poof that I needed in my skirt area... because I don't want to look like I am wearing someones old temple dress.. or even worse MY TEMPLE DRESS like how tacky is that, I want to be an angel, where is my temple bag oh here it is I will wear my dress... so anyway I got the old prom dress under, then a white tank top and shirt over that to cover the top of the prom dress so it wont be see through... then my white dress, then I found a really cheap wing and halo set at Smith's for like three bucks so I actually have two sets of wings on but hey they look cute and no one noticed the halo came in my wing set and it saved me from making one... the little kids skirt I put around my waist and I tied my gold belt from my Maid Marian costume of '08 around my waist...my kit also came with a wand...I have no idea why I mean I am an angel I have wings, what the heck do I need a WAND for I really don't know...
As for Spike, My friend Dawnette said that Petsmarts costumes were on sale for like 3$ so I went down there and got him a firedog one which doesnt really fit and a vampire cape, my idea is I am an Angel and Spike is dressed up like Angel the vampire :) I also let Spike try on Hoshi's lion costume..
so on Halloween DAY I got up and dressed as an angel and Spike as a fire dog then walked over to Marian and Vern's so they could take a picture that is what sucks about being single and living alone. you have to go somewhere or call someone to get a picture taken of you. Spike's fire dog costume had flames on it and I could not get the hat on him so people that saw us walking though that he was a devil and that I was an angel...There is a cute picture of us together on FB for anyone interested.
I then went to Somebody's Attic and I also want to add I love working on Halloween I love seeing how people dress up and stuff like that...Toni was dressed up as a Bollywood dancer ( with an outfit she got there) and she looked stunning!. Amber was dressed as a fairy with some wings that she got at Savers, and Toni dressed up Carl as a woman he had on a blonde wig and a skirt and a vest... he looked HOT..it was so fun to be there all day dressed up and working. I went to 7-11 to get lunch, and a guy I worked with at Qwest told me that it was way to early to be dressed up. I said it is HALLOWEEN IT IS NEVER TO EARLY TO BE DRESSED UP!!!! that night I came home and waited for trick or treaters, I had 7 of them!~ well 7 groups:) only two kids I did not know. This one little boy down the street came three times, twice on Halloween then the next day he came back again and said see I told you that she would give us candy! I had this cool book that you open up and it says different Halloween sayings in an old lady voice. all in all it was a great day :)

No comments: