Friday, December 4, 2009

field trip


Spike and I went on some really cool hikes in October 2009. He is barking a lot right now so HOLD ON...He does not really bark a lot these days he is growing up. I think that someone is on the rodeo grounds right now and he wants them out of his yard or something...So anyway... we went WAY up Logan Canyon and when I mean WAY up Logan Canyon I mean WAY up like farther than I have ever driven up Logan Canyon by myself... we were going to hike the Limber Pine Trail. I asked several people if they wanted to hike with me and all of them said no... which is annoying but this is one of the reasons that I bought Spike so that I could go hiking or be outdoors and have big wonderful Spike to protect me. So we are driving and driving and driving and I am starting to think that I have totally missed this trail. I mean I have even passed Beaver Mountain! But it said that you can see Bear Lake from this trail so I thought that I had to go pretty high... I saw a sign that said Rich County and I was like um ... uh oh... THEN I saw this HUGE sign that said Limber Pine trail!!! I got out of my car, there were only a few other cars in the parking lot... and took Spike off his leash... even though it was October there was all ready snow on the ground because we were really high up. It was a really easy trail that I did not even breathe hard on at all...it was also very pretty! and the Bear Lake over look BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Spike was good and stayed near me, he had a lot of fun running and playing and exploring... we saw one other family that was way below us when we were high on the trail ( it is a loop) and I thought for a minute he was going to run down there but he did not... at the end a man was walking with his two older elementary school boys and Spike ran to them and walked with them and well yeah those boys and that man were not fans of Spike. They were even a bit scared of him... which I thought was crazy like are you FROM HERE???? most boys and men around here are NOT scared of dogs because they own one or two or three... The trail was a little over a mile and we really enjoyed ourselves...
Another day Spike me and my friend Dawnette and Spike's gf Hoshi went hiking in Smithfield Canyon. I did not even know where Smithfield Canyon WAS... turns out you just drive past Mack park and keep on going... we went so far back in that there is NO WAY you could get in there with a car or with out four wheel drive...it was hunting season and we even saw hunters and hunters camps I had never hiked anywhere that I had encountered hunters.. that was a BEAUTIFUL HIKE the colors were so pretty and Spike and Hoshi had so much fun running and swimming and just playing... we did not see anyone else, until we were driving out we saw a hunter with a huge gun... I never see wildlife and did not worry about getting shot because I talk so much and so loud that I think they know I am there...
I am so grateful for my little boy Spike boo! and that he can accompany me all over Cache Valley to go on wonderful hikes
Spike is STILL out there barking and HE NEVER DOES THAT ANY MORE... so I better go check on him :)

No comments: