Tuesday, December 8, 2009

VA day SIX




I woke up in Chesapeake,VA and my aunt had a whole day planned for us. We drove from Chesapeake,VA to the Outer Banks of NC! I had NEVER BEEN TO NORTH CAROLINA! how cool is that I have been to another state! turns out it is only a little over an hour from where Gail lives!!! :)
We drove over lots of bridges and it was rainy outside and the water was choppy not many boats were out.
the road to the Outer Banks was really cool tons of older houses and little towns and farms. When I was in VA it had not froze yet which is amazing to me because that happened in like August or September here! so there were still farmers markets that were open and farmers stands and there were signs everywhere for things for sale like COLLARD GREENS FOR SALE! I have never even eaten a collard green and have no idea what they look like or even how to cook one.
We passed this monster truck place where some monster truck the grave digger was that was neat
our first stop was The Wright Brothers Memorial. I have ALWAYS WANTED TO GO THERE! Gail was not feeling well so she waited in the car. I walked up to the monument and walked around and took pictures. It was two days before Thanksgiving and not the warmest day and rainy but there were a TON of people there... This is a national park so it is done very well they have a big monument then in another area they have statues depicting the first flight and everyone that was there.
they have re-creations of the sheds that they lived in and used as a hanger and where they landed on the first four flights they had a really nice visitors center
and a very nice gift shop where I got a magnet for me and one for Shelli :)
Our next stop was a state park called Jockey's Ridge We walked around the visitors shop and then Gail got back in the truck and I walked out on a boardwalk and looked over the sand Jockeys Ridge is the largest sand dune on the E. Coast. A man was out there waiting for his grandchildren and told me that the actual large sanddune I could not see from the over look but I could walk out to it but it was raining and well it is sand and Gail was waiting so I declined... The man took my picture and I told him I was in town from UT and he said his brother owns a sandwich shop out here and I asked if he was LDS and he said he was and he told me where the ward meets there and also that they are in the Raleigh Temple District PRETTY COOL HUH???
We went to J Crew where I would get a LOT more clothes if they were NOT SO EXPENSIVE! but Gail had found a J Crew outlet... Gail got me an orange shirt, a pair of green cords and a CUTE BLACK HAT! .... I later wore this outfit and had VERY GOOD LUCK! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE JCREW!!!!
We drove back and stopped somewhere in Nags Head, NC and I got out and took a picture of me by the beach. I thought I was far enough back but the water did come up and get me on one leg so once again I had wet pants well pant leg and wet shoe.:)
We went out to eat at a place called Bagels to Beef and I got cranberry pecan white chocolate caramel cream cheese and it was SO GOOD!!!! YUMMY! and the girl in there said she liked my J Crew hat SEE I TOLD YOU IT IS GOOD LUCK!
We also stopped at a lighthouse in Currituck,NC and I got out and for 7$ climbed to the top I was breathing so hard from climbing I forgot to be scared towards the top the stairs were slippery because they left the door open and it was raining and the rain came in and got me...:)
we drove back and stopped at a cool store called The Cotton Gin.
and then drove back to Chesapeake,VA and my friend Danielle came to get me and me and her and her daughter Vanessa went out for ice cream at Friendlys and Vanessa said she liked my hat :)
I also got magnets at Jockeys Ridge and the lighthouse.:)
another magnet filled day! :)



No comments: