Sunday, October 2, 2011

field trip

In June 2011, I took Oliver, Fletcher and Desmond to the C&O Canal historic park in Georgetown. I have been to Georgetown a LOT of times and had no idea this place even EXISTED which makes me feel I admit ..a bit sheepish..
after paying only EIGHTEEN $$ to park ( ridiculous) and walking uphill in the heat with a double stroller..we arrived at the park.
There were people costumed like they would have been when the canal was running. Fletcher was able to sit on a mule. I took a ton of pictures but they are on my camera and I accidently left that at Kevin's.
We got on a canal boat that was hard to get on with a double stroller, since they just had a piece of plywood going down to the boat.
we were on the boat with, some tourists and a group of senior citizens from Lorton,VA.
The tour guide told us stories and historical facts about the boat and the canal..which was actually PULLED BY MULES.. it went about 8 MPH... when the water came down from the lock Fletcher got very scared because he thought that the water was going to come in on us.. He was like I WANT TO GO HOME!!!! ...but he survived..:)
after our boat ride Oliver and Fletcher did a jr. ranger program with my help and got badges.. while I was turned around Fletcher put stamps from the jr. ranger thing ALL over his face and arms and hands and even stomach... hahahhaah...!
The boys got badges and certificates it was a great day :)

No comments: