Thursday, October 20, 2011

field trip

In July 2011 I took Julian to The Hirshorn in Washington, DC it is an art museum. Julian was good on the metro. When we got there We walked around and the sculpture garden and had a picnic outside. I thought about how wonderful things are beautiful weather...beautiful museum and Julian and me :).
I found out Julian LOVES fountains.. he had so much fun just looking at the fountain and smiling and clapping :).
We went in the museum and had a fun time looking at what goes for "art" Some of this stuff was so wierd.. I kept saying to the guards... "now that is what I call art!" they would laugh under their breath:)  There was one room that was all dark and you were supposed to just go in their and sit in the dark..seriously.. the guards said that they had a really hard time with that room because "you would not believe what people do in there" ...actually I would... they said that when they go in there and tell people that they could not be doing that stuff in there and those people would say they were just "expeirencing art"....strange.. I don't want to experience art in that way.
We went outside and walked around in a sculpture garden. There was a tree out there that was "art" by Yoko Uno there were little tags that you were supposed to write a wish on and hang it on the tree. When the tree was full those wishes would then be sent to Yoko Uno. .....Then she will make them all come true..hahahahahha

No comments: