Thursday, October 13, 2011


Yesterday Julian and I drove down to Georgetown to check out the "old stone house" in DC it is the oldest house in DC.. the only way that it got saved was because George Washington and Pierre Lafeyette met at a guy named John Shuters tavern.. John Shuter JR.. lived there and made clocks.. by the time that they realized the mix-up it was already the oldest house in DC.. so they could not tear it down and now it is part of the national park service.. so nothing ever happened there and nobody important lived there it is just the oldest house in DC that is all..we went in and they had no magnets so I bought a Christmas ornament that I can make into a magnet.

You could only tour the kitchen the lady told us about it and we walked around outside in the gardens for a bit.

After that Julian and I walked over to Baked and Wired and I had a raspberry cream cheese brownie..YUM:) It was a good little trip to Georgetown.

No comments: