Sunday, October 2, 2011

spiritual Keli

In June 2011, The Mormon Tabernacle Choir came to Wolf Trap in Vienna, VA..since that is in my stake, my stake was in charge of helping the VIPs and such I recieved an email that said if I was willing to help people park then I could get a FREE TICKET..
YES PLEASE!!!!
one of my friends said .."but you have to help people park" I said BUT I GET A FREE TICKET!!!
so I dressed in a white shirt and black skirt and black sandles. I took Grace Shamilian a 13 year old in my ward with me so she got a free ticket also.
When we got there, we met with Marcus Faust and a few other mid-singles from the area. Grace and I went down to the road with a placard that said parking and an arrow.. and a list of VIPs in case.. any of them forgot their parking pass.
......I gave my friend Kelly a parking pass...cause she is a VIP IMO....
we later moved farther up and pointed people in the right direction of where they needed to go.
all the mid-single women got VERY EXCITED when they saw SHERI L. DEW...who is the patron saint of mid-single women... I was starstruck.. I did not know what to say like do I say SISTER DEW!!! I AM SINGLE!!!! like OK........
We also saw Senator John Warner who later conducted part of the concert.
When we were done with our duties, we each got a goodie bag with a fan in it..which I promptly broke from fanning myself from the heat SO HARD...
and some treats..which I also ate right then and there...
When we went to our seats we found out we were sitting IN THE FRONT WITH THE VIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which was an AMAZING EXPERIENCE...!!! we were so close...
.... I took a picture of Sister Dew's head... I was so giddy we were sitting that close to all those VIPs..
hearing the choir sing was BEAUTIFUL and SPIRITUAL!!! I am SO GLAD I HAD THIS OPPORTUNITY and reccommend it to everyone!!!
Alex Boye came out and sang... He has an "Im a Mormon" video.. and he was a GREAT PERFORMER.
I am so grateful for all the talented LDS members in the world that are willing to share their talents with the world!!
the picture above is my friend Amy and I. Several of my friends also went and saw the concert and were able to have this wonderful experience too ..

No comments: