Thursday, October 6, 2011

So the other night Will did not get home until around 7:45 and then I stood and talked to him and told him about our day. When I went outside ... MY CAR WAS GONE.. I went back upstairs and I was like my car just got towed.. he was like NO IT WAS JUST OUT THERE.. I was like well..now it is not... I thought wow really so in the 15 or so minutes I stood here and talked to Will I got towed.. I thought two trucks did not even START coming around until like midnight ish...but you know where I got that information ....
JUSTIN... and what does he know...but anyway... I DIGRESS...
so Will figured out where my car was it was all the way down in Fairfax like right where Oakton ends and Fairfax begins.. near the Denny's.
We waited for Julia to get home and then Will and I went to get my car.. so we turn onto this road and I see this fence and it was all covered in overgrown weeds and such.. and a small sign said "henry's towing" I said there it is! Will said no that can't be it..but after he had made a couple of U-turns he said well I guess that it IS... So he pulled into a gravel parking area.. he was like this can't be it we are on a gravel road..I did not even know that Fairfax County HAD gravel parking lots...Will was like where is the office.. I said I think it is that trailer.. he said that CANT be it that is a TRAILER.. I said oh no I think that it IS it.. I said that I would get out and check.. Will was like well take your cell phone cause this place looks sketchy.. so I go into this trailer and it is like 100 degrees in there and there is a guy behind this door with a hole cut in it at a really weird angle.. I was like Hello my car got towed.. and this guy was like ....yeah.. and I was like so.... I am here to get it.... he was like yeah... I said so ..what do I do.. He was like go find it.. I said well I see it.. he said well bring me your license and registration .. so I did.. then he said it would be $90 I said.. OK ( even though on the phone they told me it would be $125.. I did not mention that.. I said OK.. So I went back out and told Will and he said I will pay because Julia and I never told you to get a visitor pass. So I said well yeah that trailer is the office and that guy lives in there.. and it is like 100 degrees and he has a refrigerator in there and a plant and crushed pineapple... So Will goes in and says that he is going to pay with his card and the guy told him that he could not pay because he was not the registered owner of the car.. Will was like so what??? and the guy was like how do I know that you wont cancel your transaction the minute that I put it through.. Will was like well how do you know that the registered owner wont do that?? So the guy said he wanted $90 .. So I said I had $100... He was like well I don't have change.. so then he pulls up his pant leg and take this big roll of money out of his SOCK and said all this is 100s.. so I don't have change.. Will was like I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! I don't Believe you have $ 2000 in your SOCK.. the guy was like well I wont show it to you but yes these are all 100s I have no change... he said that I should just pay him the 100 and give him a ten dollar tip... then he laughed to himself...we said NO.. he said that if we did not want to give him a ten dollar tip..then we could order him a pizza...we said NO...
I said you got crushed pineapple right there all you need is a crust and tomato sauce and ham and you got a pizza..He told me that was disgusting and people that put pineapple on pizza "just aint right" He said that we needed to give him a $10 tip or order him a pizza..a kind that he likes.. because he had no change...he also wanted to know why Will and I were in such a good mood and why we were not more mad or more sad.. we said we did not want to go through life like that.. and we wanted to be optimistic...
so I called the number I originally called and they said that he could not give me change because the money was in a safe.. I was like it is not in a safe.. it is in his sock.. they were like no that is not right..they did not believe me.. they told me that I had to go and get change... I said OK..
So Will and I went and got change then I went in and paid him.. Will said I don't even know how to DEAL with people like that.. like I don't even know how to TALK to people like that... When I went back in the guy took my $$ and told me that I was the strangest person he had ever met... I said what about the guy I was with .. he said no he is normal but you are strange.. the strangest person he has ever met..I went and told Will and he said he thinks YOU are strange??? well he is the strangest person I have ever met...
that was just crazy... and I now park in visitor parking...

No comments: