Saturday, October 15, 2011

field trip

In July 2011, Serena and I took the kids we nanny for Emma (age 8) and Julian ( age 8 months) to The National Zoo in Washington DC. We had a nice drive down there. when I googled the directions I realized that you can hop on the w o& D trail in Reston and then transition into Rock Creek Park and ride all the way to the zoo.. HOW COOL would that be?? It was super hot that day.. so the animals were not doing MUCH if anything at all..we did not see tigers the lions were just lying around looking bored and hot as hell.. They said that the dad lion is seperated right now because they have to many lions and need to get rid of some.. we walked in the heat to see an elephant that we did not see... we saw no giraffes or rhino's or hippo's cause the whole elephant area where those things are is under construction.
We were able to see a panda eating bamboo.. and a panda asleep..
we did not see seals there exhibit is being remodled also
We also saw a gorilla sitting and eating something.
I saw a lot of things I did not like too like lazy kids in strollers.. fat kids in strollers being pushed by fat moms.. I know this is judgemental but I am all about Michelle Obama's lets move campaign.. I don't want lazy kids!!! or fat kids!!! Michelle has an advertizement that comes on where she is like if you want your kids to be active YOU need to be active.. like well point taken Michelle.. I want my kids to be active!! :) but I digress..
We saw an orangatang that climbed out on a wire above us and climbed across then pooped out on the sidewalk where people were standing... a lot of people thought until he pooped he was not real they were like "it that real" like yes he is real! you want to see a fake one head on over to the Natural History museum.. cause they got one there...
We went in a lot of houses.. Julian clapped his hands when we went in them.. he liked the reptile house the best.. I had to lean up to the glass and make Serena take a picture of me pretending to speak parsle tounge to a snake...
it was SUPER HOT we payed to much for food...BUT you know what I am glad we went.. Julian was good all day. it was also free.. what more could I ask for ??

No comments: