Thursday, January 2, 2014

Keli Travels


My good friend Elaine Yard that I met while living in Provo ( who I have not seen in YEARS) came into town with a work conference and she shared her good fortune with me.
Ralph and I picked her up at the airport and took her over to The National Harbor in Maryland. 
Then Elaine said she wanted to take us out to eat somewhere. I picked Grace's Mandarin..and I made a good choice..that place is amazing we go in and they sat us upstairs overlooking the Potomac River and to start they gave us warm towels to clean our hands. Ralph also cleaned his face. This was my first experience at a place that gave you warm towels. I felt pampered. The food was GREAT! Elaine was so nice. I felt super blessed..I can't afford a place like that anytime soon and it was just so nice of her to take me AND Ralph.
They had big statues all over the place like this one too. 

We dropped Elaine off at The Gaylord ( lucky) and the next day I met her and I got 
This VIP pass to go on a BOAT PARTY WITH HER AND THE OTHER PEOPLE FROM HER JOB!! 
We got to get on The Cherry Blossom for a dinner cruise..it seems like everyone local but me had been on this boat and I was so grateful to finally get an opportunity. 
This is a picture I took from the boat..we sailed around the Potomac. 

We had a spectacular dinner. Great company and at the end, There was a drawing and I heard Elaine's number and RAN UPSTAIRS AND 
SHE WON A KINDLE FIRE HD!!! 

It was a GREAT TIME 
THANK YOU ELAINE!!!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for for being part of my DC fun!

Unknown said...

No thank you!!