Monday, January 20, 2014

Keli Travels

While looking in the Weird Maryland book I saw that in Maryland, outside of Baltimore there is a park called Rocks State Park. I also saw that it had two very interesting things

the first thing was the King and Queen Seats they are rock formations that no one is quite sure how they got there or what they were used for .. there are some Native American legends that say that once a king and queen sat there in them and ruled and judged over the people.

That was only a short hike.. how could I not want to go to that.

I got together some mid-singles in the area and we went in August 2013 

 Here is a picture of Mira and Jeremy and I by one of the King or Queen seats.

 Bunny and I posing by the seats.

I did not bring Spike with me on the hike and this is the reason why...
 they had this thing that you could walk right out on.. and IT WAS SCARY... SO SCARY...but look at brave me.. my LEGS are hanging off the cliff.. I AM BRAVE KELI! 

On the hike it self we found some other interesting things
 like a tree you could climb in.. this is Shannon a random girl that just decided to join us on the hike.. because we are THAT cool..

 ....yeah I am a bit out of shape.. because that is all that I could get in the tree...
 plus this cool tree, check out it's roots!!! 

After this we drove over to another area of the park and I wish I had researched it more because if I had I would have brought a bathing suit or a change of clothes. BECAUSE THEY HAD A WATEFALL AND WATER YOU COULD PLAY IN!!! 

this place was well known and PACKED ..we had to wait for a parking place..
 but it was worth it.. look how clear the water was! 

 I had fun taking pictures of Melodi sitting on this rock, here is a black and white one.

 and here is a color one! 
 I needed some water shoes or Teva's because the ground was covered with these rocks.. Jeremy was smart and brought some.

 I saw tons of stuff like this where someone ( maybe kids) had had fun.. I took a picture because one day I hope to have a kid that I can bring to places like this and have fun and be creative in nature.

 here is another one.. see some kid had fun there.. and no the water was not GOLD... I used an instagram filter.. hahahhah 

 look at all these random people having fun in the water.!

 Bunny drove her own car so she could get as wet as she wanted .. she went UNDER THE WATERFALL!!! how cool is that!?

 another view of the falls.

 the group with Shannon who joined us, she rode with Bunny and Mira over there.

 the group with Eric.

 ME!!! I know that I look happy.. but I was also sad I was not in a bathing suit!!! I wanted to go under the waterfall!!! 

 we also found out you could climb to the TOP of the falls then walk around the top and hike down .. so we did.. here I am at the top!

It was a great day and I really want to go back!!! 






















No comments: