Monday, January 13, 2014

Spiritual Keli

In August 2013 one of the mid-single women went out of town and asked me if I would teach her primary class.. um OF COURSE.. even though I had never taught primary before..

I had the kid that were going to be nine in 2013.. and as it is often in the church "there were more women than men" hahahhahah

We talked about missionary work and I said to them.. 

"If your mom and dad went on a mission then where did they go..?"

some kids had both parents that went.. I think that one had neither.. 

B UT my favorite answer was a little girl that's dad served in the SAME mission as me, ( but went home before I came out) anyway this little girl said " Her dad went to Venezuela " I said "No your dad went to Ventura California" 

She said "how do you know?" I said " because I went to Ventura, California" 

I then said " I went on the same mission as your dad and we both went to Ventura, California. not Venezuela.

So I had the kids pretend to knock on the door and pretend to be missionaries and we would let them in and then they would "teach us the gospel" 

one little girl just danced
one little girl said "our church is true because I was baptized by immersion" 
and one little girl told us the whole first vision
also one little girl just stood there and said "um uh.. I don't want to do this" ..

I had a lot of fun teaching.. but you know I have TONS of fun being a RS supervisor.. which is a VERY fulfilling calling that involves me emailing people and asking them to email me back by the 5th if they did their visiting teaching...which I have learned is BEYOND some peoples capacities..
here are the kids .. I let them pose for a silly picture too :)


No comments: