Thursday, September 24, 2009

book

I just finished "Dead Man's Walk" by Larry McMurtry It was written after "Lonesome Dove" but chronologically came before so I read it first when I was dating Mitch we talked about me reading some westerns so I had all ready bought this one and I finally got around to reading it... At first I thought "oh man this is ANOTHER GUY BOOK! this reminds me of when Ryan and Chris would tell me to read books, except Mitch had never read this book but as I'm slogging throught it, saying I think I can, I think I can... and getting grossed out... these men ate almost anything... and the way that that people got killed... very CSI of the old west... all of a sudden IDK what happend but this book GOT GOOD! Like hey wait a minute when did that happen? But it DID! it got good. I almost could not put it down and actually fell asleep reading it last night:) I have heard a lot of people including Mitch have major problems with the Mini-series of this book but I am going to wait until I finish all the books to watch that, which may take awhile because I don't like to read the same author in a row often. Another interesting thing is that I have heard several stories of the old west from the Native American point of view but interestingly enough never the cowboy.. very interesting reading it from the cowboy point of view...I would reccommend this book if you can stomach prime-time TV it is cleaner than that and does get good:)

No comments: