Friday, September 18, 2009

storytime

I just cleaned out my spice cabinet this is what I am keeping:
4 bottles of stuff that you sprinkle on cakes to make them look pretty
1 bottle of vanilla extract
1 jar beef buillon
1 jar chicken buillon
rosewater
2 boxes of food coloring (one neon one regular)
maple flavoring
italian seasoning
red pepper
cloves
poppy seeds
pepper
pumpkin pie spice
poultry seasoning
ground mustard
paprika
curry
onion powder
nutmeg
celary salt
coriander
creole seasoning
lemon pepper
fajita seasoning
cumin
ginger
cinnamon
basil
garlic powder
I am throwing away everything that is "expired" including some bacon bits and cayenne I recently just bought at Theurers... REMEMBER WHEN YOU SHOP THERE TO CHECK THE DATES!!!!!!!!
I am also making a list of my spices and putting it on the inside door if I do not use them in the next year then they will be gone also...
It is like I buy these spices for ONE recipe then never use them again. I can't say that I will stop doing that, BUT I can say that I will no longer keep them forever...:) I don't need that much spice in my life!!

No comments: