Saturday, October 3, 2009

recipe

The other night I was really motivated so I found this recipe on one blog that found it on another blog that found it on another blog. I will credit all those blogs at the end BUT if you make these cupcakes I implore you YOU must credit ME!.here is the recipe:)


1 stick + 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature and cut into pieces

2 + 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

6 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

2/3 cup sugar

4 large eggs

1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tins with paper liners ( I had to drive all over town to find some because the store was closed!:)

melt the butter, 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips and all of the unsweetened chocolate. Use a wooden spoon to stir until everything is melted and mixed.

Pour the chocolate into a large bowl over the two types of sugars and mix them together using a whisk.

Add the eggs one at a time and mix using a whisk

Add the vanilla. Mix well.

Add the flour slowly, and mix well with the electric mixer. or just mix it

Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.

Fill the cups close to the top with the batter.

Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.



Peanut Butter Frosting -
2 cups powdered sugar

2.5 - 3 cups of creamy peanut butter ( which is a little over a jar, I had a whole brand new jar of Adams PB and it used all of that and a little bit of my Jif!)

1 stick butter, room temperature

1/2 tsp vanilla

approximately 1/2 cup of whipped cream

Cream together the peanut butter and butter together If wanted the frosting to be heavy on the peanut butter taste, so I used 3 cups... and why wouldn't you??

Add the sugar and vanilla and mix well until uniform.

Add the whipped cream one tablespoon at a time until the peanut butter becomes a suitable spreading consistency. I used quite a bit because I wanted to be able to pipe it.

I piped the icing then added anywhere between 1 and 5 teddy grahams to each one to decorate you could also use chocolate sprinkles.

the picture is on facebook

I got this idea from this blog :http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/

they got the recipe from this blog :http://baabaacupcake.blogspot.com/

who got it from this site : http://www.epicurious.com/

No comments: