Tuesday, October 13, 2009

storytime

I just found my name tag from a large care center that I worked at in Orem,Utah maybe 2005 or 2006.

I went in to ask if they were hiring and they said that they were, I told them that I was a CNA and I was also really good at doing activities with elderly people. I said that I could do anything I could even manage that place if I needed to. They asked if I could do housekeeping I said that I could but I did not really want to do that...

So I got hired basically on the spot, they said I could be in charge of activites and assist the managers, which were two different couples that lived there. I thought wow! pretty cool job so this man tells me to go home and make a calandar of all my activity ideas and bring it back the next day. I did that and when I came back the other couple that are in charge were there. The man was like um you got hired for what?? we all ready have an activities director and we don't have a managers assistant postition... They also told me that they had hired another girl named Keli Ann Wright and that I was going to have to go by Keli A. and she would be Keli B. because they hired her right after me to work in the kitchen.. So this man sits me down and has me watch some cheesy videos about this company and how it LOVES their employees and blah blah blah that I may or may not have fell asleep during... because it was not even 7 AM and he did not stay to watch it with me..

This man then had me do housekeeping that whole day, I was like um... NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! I do not like to housekeep! YUCK!

Then that other man from the other couple came and I heard the two men get into it like "why is she hired? we all ready have an activities person!" Then the activity lady found out about me and was like NO I AM THE ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR HERE! and you can NOT BE! She told me she had a college degree and that her ideas were therefore BETTER than mine..

So every day that I got there I had something else to do
some days I did housekeeping
some days I was in the kitchen WASHING DISHES
some days I was serving food and clearing tables and filling up waters
some days I was preparing rooms for new residents
some days I was taking stuff out of rooms for residents that passed
some days I was running errands for or with the manager
some days I was working with maintenence

I could not tell anyone that I knew what exactly I did there because I did not KNOW

somedays the manager would be like "sit here with us" at the MANAGERS TABLE... the other staff would be MAD because this is the MANAGER table and people that wash dishes and stuff should NOT BE THERE! but they asked me to sit there so what was I suppossed to do?

then they hired a new chef and he asked everyone in the kitchen if they knew what a certain kind of food was, I did and was the only one, I cant remember what it was but I said yes I have made that. He then came over to me and said that I was the most intelligent person there and he wanted to FIRE the people above me and have me be the assistant chef and he would train me to be just like him, I said well I am not sure I want to do that... basically because this guy was CREEPY... He also was very happy that I was single... So he was always attempting to have conversations with me and the other people there were like WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU DONT TALK TO CHEF! I was like um ?? then they started worrying about their jobs because Chef COULD fire them..

Then Chef started rubbing up against me everytime he walked by me or pinching my arm... or putting his hand on my hand ... and well saying stuff to me... so I told the one manager... um Chef is a little tooooooo friendly AND I have let him know I don't really want to be his assistant ( evcn though I was probably the most intelligent person there hahahah)

So the manager put me on paid administrative leave and I got this really wierd phone call from a women and man that were on speaker phone that wanted to take my deposition about Chef rubbing up against me etc...and they were on speaker phone and kept fighting amongest themselves while taking the deposition... like do you know where the pen is? no I don't I told YOU to get a pen? well we need a pen then HOLD ON WE NEED A PEN! I said are you two married? they said well yes but that has nothing to do with this deposition??? they had to call me several times and everytime they would be like now Keli you do know we are married but that has nothing to do with this.. then they would get in all these little fights...

So they were like what was your position at this place I was like um I am not really sure??

So they said they had to investigate that.... that took them a long time maybe 3-4 weeks and they would continue to pay me...

So I just went out and found a better job and was like FORGET YOU ALL! you all look really nice on the outside but this place is DYSFUNCTIONAL! and when that couple called me back. They were like we have decieded to fire Chef because other people complained but you can have your job back if you want...

I said no thanks I got another job...

THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF I DEAL WITH AT JOBS AND THE KIND OF DRAMA I WOULD LIKE TOTALLY ELEMENTATED FROM MY LIFE!!!!!!!

and they never looked at the cool activity calander that I made with TONS OF GREAT IDEAS!

No comments: